USA admits biotech export pitfalls
PETER SCHER, the US deputy trade representative for agriculture, told the Senate finance committee that the USA faces problems exporting biotechnology products to Europe.
Mr Scher said the problems were twofold: the “effective collapse” of the EUs regulatory process for biotechnology and “incomplete and unworkable” food labelling regulations.
- Europeans sceptical of GM food, FWi, yesterday (15 March, 1999)
- Consumers should read up on GM food – Brown, FWi, 08 February, 1999
- Public are against GM foods, FWi, 18 November, 1998
- Consumers say no to GM food, FWi, 18 October, 1998
- Financial Times 16/03/99 page 8 (News Digest)