Jeff Rooker (food and farming) has left office. Lord Rooker served in various junior ministerial posts since 1997, both as an MP and as a member of the House of Lords.
Most recently appointed Minister of State for Sustainable Food and Farming and Animal Health at DEFRA on 6 May 2006, Lord Rooker was also responsible for animal welfare. Phil Woolas (environment) and Jonathan Shaw (fisheries) have also left the department.
The replacement team is Jane Kennedy, Lord Phillip Hunt and Huw Irranca-Davies.
Catch up on the latest news:
- Rooker stands down as farming minister
- Your view on the reshuffle and what it means for the farming industry
- New faces at DEFRA
- DEFRA sets up new food policy group
- Rooker: Straight-talking Brummie was upfront with farmers
- Hilary Benn keeps DEFRA job in cabinet reshuffle