Booker confirms Budgens in its sights
BOOKER has confirmed it is in merger talks with Budgens. The food conglomerate is understood to be negotiating a reverse takeover of Budgens in an all-share deal.
Bookers salmon, chicken and food processing divisions are expected to be sold off if the merger goes ahead. Booker was in talks with Somerfield, the supermarket group, about a possible merger just over 11 days ago.
- Booker to release details of merger talks, FWi, yesterday (7 September, 1998)
- Booker share surge on bid speculation, FWi, 11 August, 1998
The Times 08/09/98 page 27, page 29 (Commentary)
- The Independent 08/09/98 page 12, page 13 (Outlook)
- Financial Times 08/09/98 page 27, 31
- The Guardian 08/09/98 page 19
- The Daily Telegraph 08/09/98 page 25
- The Herald 08/09/98 page 20