Carry on Concorde, ministers told
THE recent furore over the high-living of government ministers at the taxpayers expense has failed to encourage more modest lifestyle choices.
Ministers are to be told to carry on using Concorde in spite of the extra costs to the taxpayer, provided trips are approved by their senior civil servants.
It was revealed last week how much former Agricultural Minister Dr Jack Cunningham spent flying Concorde and staying in five-star hotels.
- Cunningham keeps them laughing, FWi, 19 January, 1999
- Cunningham faces probe into perks, FWi, yesterday (18 January, 1999)
- The Independent 25/01/99 page 8
- Financial Times 25/01/99 page 6
- The Scotsman 25/01/99 page 4