Glorious Twelfth a damp squib
THE Glorious Twelfth got off to a poor start yesterday (Thursday), with many grouse shoots cancelled for lack of birds.
About a third of the 459 grouse moors in England are estimated to be have been silent.
Disease has depleted stocks in many areas.
- Sabs and shooters ready for Twelfth, FWi, yesterday (12 August, 1999)
- Damper on Scotlands Glorious Twelfth, FWi, 11 August, 1999
- Not-so-Glorious Twelfth, FWi, 12 August, 1997
- The Times 13/08/99 page 7
- The Guardian 13/08/99 page 10