04 August 1999
Help towards training costs

  • I AM a 43-year-old family man with a mortgage =, working with sheep and arable on a self-employed basis. Can I receive any help towards the costs of obtaining Cetificates of Competence such as Spraying Parts 1 and 2?

    I SUGGEST that you contact your local Training and Enterprise Council and ask for details of available funding for vocational training. If you e-mail your address details we will be able to advise where you local TEC is based.

    It would also be worth contacting NPTC (National Proficiency Test Centre) to see if they are aware of any special arrangements for funding Certificates of Competence.

    NPTCs telephone number is 01203 696553 and they are based in Warwickshire.

    In some cases, there is tax relief available for vocational training; for details contact your local tax office. V Lantra has in the past also produced a funding guide.

    It is in the process of being updated, but if you would like further details please provide your full address.

    Sally Beel, Information Services, Lantra