Planners to keep building in town
THE government has outlined tough draft planning laws designed to protect the countryside from urban sprawl.
The proposed legislation would release rural land for development only after options for building on brownfield sites in urban areas had been explored.
The Council for the Protection of Rural England said the change was an “historic watershed”.
- Countryside still charms most, FWi, today (24 March, 1999)
- CPRE calls for “new vision” from Government, FWi, 08 September, 1998
- CPRE slams job creation schemes for destroying countryside, FWi, 27 May, 1998
- Housing plans threaten rural England, FWi, 28 July, 1997
- Financial Times 24/03/99 page 9
- The Guardian 24/03/99 page 13
- The Daily Telegraph 24/03/99 page 1, page 2