US firm set to capture Hillsdown
THE US venture capital firm Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst is close to winning control of the UK food group Hillsdown.
Hicks increased its shareholding in its target to nearly 30% and committing itself to raising its offer to £537 million.
The US group is expected to unveil details of an increased offer for Hillsdown, which values the groups at 147p a share.
The offer trumps the 145p a share bid from the UK venture capitalist Candover.
- US investors to raise Hillsdown bid, FWi, yesterday (01 June, 1999)
- Bid battle breaks out for Hillsdown, FWi, 28 May, 1999
- Offer document posted for Hillsdown, FWi, 25 May, 1999
- Hillsdown shares soar on news of bid, FWi, 18 May, 1999
- Bids split Hillsdown board, FWi, 17 May, 1999
- US firm bids £450m for Hillsdown, FWi, 14 May, 1999
- The Times 02/06/02/99 page 24
- The Independent 02/06/02/99 page 17
- Financial Times 02/06/06/99 page 21
- The Guardian 02/06/99 page 21
- The Daily Telegraph 02/06/99 page 31