Cereals owner Haymarket is to launch its first overseas version of the highly successful arable event in Poland next year.
See: Cereals 2008
Building on the success of Cereals in the UK, which attracts over 22,000 visitors each year, Haymarket Exhibitions is working with east European event specialist Montgomery International to target the east European arable industry.
Branded Polskie Zboza the event will be held on 4/5 June 2009 at Modrze, 30km from Poznan in the west-central area of Poland, by permission of TopFarms, part of the UK-based Spearhead International business, which includes Cambs-based potato and vegetable producer Greens of Soham and potato seed specialists ProSeed and Greenseed.
“The approach we have developed for the UK Cereals Event as the leading technical arable event is one that will fit well in the rapidly developing Polish and Central European agriculture sector,” Haymarket’s Dominique Gill explained at Cereals 2008 near Lincoln.
“The Polish event will be organised by the same team that delivers the UK event in conjunction with Montgomery International and will mirror the unique field trials based approach that we have honed and is so well represented here at the 2008 Cereals Event.”
The event will be located on a working farm in the heart of the large scale arable community and will feature leading suppliers, field trials and live demonstrations including crop plots, working machinery demonstrations, the Syngenta Sprays and Sprayers arena and an Arable Outlook area dedicated to renewable energy, biofuel and non-food crops.
“Poland is the largest country in the EE-10, and the agricultural market in the country is booming due to its geographic strengths, trade and cultural alignment with Western European countries, plus there is also a lot of foreign investment coming into the country,” added Christopher Newton, chairman of Montgomery International.
Launch partners for the event are AGCO, BASF, Chemtura, Danko, Kuhn, Syngenta, Top Agrar Polska and TopFarms. “Our partners represent a who’s who in the cereals sector here in Poland and together with these eight companies and the incredibly strong Cereals UK brand we have a great template for a very successful event in June 2009.”
- Top European arable technical event, bringing together more than 22,500 professional farmers and industry experts.
- Over 64ha of stands and demonstrations including crop plots, working areas, the Sprays & Sprayers arena, and the new Arable Outlook area dedicated to renewable energy, biofuel and non-food crops.
- Over 365 suppliers of products, advice and information, from seeds to sprayers, crop varieties to cultivators and fertiliser to finance.
Cereals Poland (Polskie Zboża)
- Organised by Haymarket Exhibitions and Montgomery International at Modzre, Poznam in Poland on 4th and 5th June 2009.
- Polskie Zboza focus on seeds to sprayers, crop varieties to cultivation equipment and fertiliser to finance.
- A unique field trials based event, combining exhibition space with live working demonstrations and will be a complete one-stop-shop of leading suppliers in one place, at one event.