Productivity – the art of producing the same output with fewer inputs or more output with the same inputs – was the subject of our latest Transition Summit webinar.
As farm policy changes and Basic Payment Scheme funding is phased out, farmers must seek to secure more of their income from the marketplace – bringing productivity even more sharply into focus.
There are actions that every farm can take to improve business performance, whether it’s embracing innovation and new practices, collaborating and sharing knowledge, or simply doing everything that little bit better.
Being more productive isn’t about chasing yields – although, of course, yields are important. It’s about optimising that ratio of inputs to outputs in a way that aligns with personal and business goals.
In this webinar, experts and representatives from across the industry look at how to achieve productivity on any farm, including:
- Tips for both red meat producers and arable farmers
- Advice on business structures
- What government support is available
- How to make the most of nitrogen in grassland and arable
Transition Summit series
Pathway to productivity is the third in our Summit series, which brings together farmers from around the country and representatives from all parts of the agricultural industry to exchange views and tackle problems amid some of the biggest changes to farming we’ve seen in decades. Watch on demand or register now:
- Starting your journey – watch now
- Road to net zero – watch now
- Pathway to productivity – watch above
- Successful soil – Thursday 17 March 2022
- Benefiting from biodiversity – Thursday 5 May 2022