See the winners and runners up from the 2009 inventions comp here
Send us details of your farm-built machine and you could win a two-day trip to the giant Agritechnica show in Germany in November or one of six cash prizes
If you’ve designed a machine or piece of equipment that saves you time, money or hassle, then you should enter our farm inventions competition.
It doesn’t have to be an all-singing, all-dancing invention either. Small things that may only have taken an hour or two to put together are perfectly valid. So are bigger designs.
As in previous years, we’re dividing the entries into three categories:
• Simple machines are those that took less than half a day to put together.
• Intermediate ones are more complicated and may have some form of simple hydraulics or electrics on them.
• Complex ones would have taken several days to design and manufacture and often involve an engine or some sophisticated electrics or hydraulics.
Who is the competition open to?
Farmers, contractors, farm managers and workers are all welcome.
What do I need to provide?
Just email whatever information, photographs or diagrams you have available.
How long have I got?
The competition closes on Friday, 17 July 2009.
What if I’ve entered my design in other inventions competitions in the past?
Don’t worry – that won’t exclude you from this competition.
What about patents?
If you think you may want to patent the device, put the words Patent Application Likely at the top of the email. If you want to know more about this area, check out the Patent Office’s website
What are the prizes?
The winner of each of the three categories gets £400, while the runners-up each get £100.
The invention that most appeals to the judges will also win its designer a three-day trip to the Agritechnica farm machinery show at Hanover, Germany, on 9-11 November 2009.
The trip, worth more than £600, will include flights, accommodation, VIP reception and event entry for two people.
Will you be featuring the winners?
Yes, all six winning inventions will be featured in the magazine and on FWi, so if you want a manufacturer to see what you have on offer, this is a good way of doing it.
Look at the winning designs from 2007 to get an idea of what we’re after.
How do I enter?
Just email brief details of what the machine is, how it works and how it benefits the farm or contracting business to FW Machinery editor David Cousins. Please send a couple of pictures, too, and your contact details.
Closing date is 17 July 2009
Agritechnica • Agritechnica takes place from 10-14 November 2009 at Hanover, Germany. • Preview days are on 8 and 9 November. • With more than 2000 exhibitors spread over a 28ha site, it is the world’s biggest indoor farm machinery show. • To find out how to visit the show, contact Agritravel on 01636 705 612 or visit its website
• Agritechnica takes place from 10-14 November 2009 at Hanover, Germany.
• Preview days are on 8 and 9 November.
• With more than 2000 exhibitors spread over a 28ha site, it is the world’s biggest indoor farm machinery show.
• To find out how to visit the show, contact Agritravel on 01636 705 612 or visit its website