With the loss of chlorpropham (CIPC), potato storage has become a hot topic. We examine the latest alternatives for sprout suppression, how to clean stores of any CIPC residue and reduce the risks of losses.
This course has five parts. Complete all the quizzes successfully to gain CPD points.
Table of contents:
- How to stop sprouting in potato stores without CIPC
- How ethylene can help control sprouting in potato stores
- How spearmint oil fits into potato sprout control programmes
- Cleaning stores after CIPC
- Tips to minimise potato storage spoilage losses