This must be the easiest pudding.
- Pick lots of blackberries (a bowlful)
- 1 tin of custard, or more if you love custard
- 12 sponge-finger biscuits
- Sherry or apple juice
- 300ml (½ pint) double cream
- Dip the biscuits in the alcohol or apple juice and put into the bottom of a serving dish or bowl. Scatter over half of the blackberries, crushing them if they are big. Top with custard, scatter over the remaining berries, but leave a few for decorating. Whip the cream until soft peaks form, making sure that the cream is cold, as it will whip quicker. Then spread the cream on top of the berries and custard. Decorate with any blackberries left and eat straight away or leave in the fridge until later in the day.