This butternut squash and coriander soup is just the thing to warm you up on a cold winter’s night. Serve it with some warm crusty bread.
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- ½ Pack of Butter
- 1 Large diced onion
- 1 tbsp dried coriander
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 900ml (2 pints) of chicken stock
- 1 tin of butter beans
- Put the butter, diced onions, crushed garlic and coriander into a pan on a medium high heat on the hob with the peeled and diced butternut squash.
- Add the butter beans to the dish and sauté off, keep stirring until starting to brown.
- Pour in the stock, make sure everything is covered and leave to simmer on a medium low heat until the ingredients start to go soft and ‘break up’.
- Blend the contents of the pan to produce a thick hearty soup, serve with a crusty warm roll.
For more recipes
See our Farm Chef page