These divine and moreish morsels make perfect light bites for a buffet or serve as wonderful appetisers to a main meal.
- 350g puff pastry (defrost thoroughly if using frozen)
- 500g thinly sliced red onions
- 50g chopped nuts
- 40g butter
- 150g Benleigh Blue ewe cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Melt butter in a frying pan and add onions, cook until soft and golden then add nuts and cook for a few more minutes.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface to make a 40x20cm rectangle, then cut into eight 10cm squares.
- Divide the pan’s mixture evenly on to the eight squares so that it leaves a small border all around the edge of each one.
- Crumble the cheese on top of the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Cool slightly before serving.This dish also works very well with a crumbly goat’s cheese.
See more recipes from our Farm Chef