Raspberry and Apple Butter
Fruit butter is brilliant when you have a glut of fruit that needs using. It keeps in the fridge for a couple of weeks and can also be frozen.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 8oz raspberries
- 2 Bramley cooking apples
- White sugar
TIP Most fruits can be used – just alter the amount of sugar according to sweetness.
- Chop the apples then place in a pan with the raspberries and just cover with water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until very well cooked.
- Puree with a blender and weigh.
- Return the puree to the pan and add half its weight in sugar.
- Simmer gently until it thickens to a smooth paste.
Two lovely ways to use apple and raspberry butter:
To make the muffins, use a plain muffin recipe and put half the amount in the muffin cases and add a teaspoon of the fruit butter and then top with the rest of the mixture. Cook as directed. The muffins are great as they are much easier than a “flat pack” piece of cake.
Blend together plain or vanilla yoghurt and fruit butter and freeze. Remove from the freezer 45min before serving.
See moreFarm Chef recipes