Here’s a stir-fry with easy sauce. It’s really quick to rustle up, so perfect for when everyone returns for dinner after a long day harvesting.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
300g chicken breast, thinly sliced
A selection of fresh vegetables such as spinach, chard, carrot, cabbage, peppers, celery
For the sauce
1½ tbsp cornflour
1½ tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
55ml soy sauce
25ml cider/white wine vinegar
170ml vegetable stock
- Make the sauce by putting all the ingredients in a jar and shaking until mixed.
- In a large pan or wok, over a medium heat dry fry the chicken with a little rapeseed oil. Remove from the pan when cooked.
- Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Turn up the heat and add the rest of the vegetables and keep moving around the pan until starting to wilt.
- Add the required amount of sauce (any left over will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks). Bring to the boil for about a minute or until thickened.
- Return the chicken to the pan and serve.