This month, Farm Chef Mary-Ann Beaty wanted to share some recipes that use a lot of milk, in support of the British Dairy industry.
These potatoes are a firm favourite of Mary-Ann’s and are actually “the only thing” her husband has ever learned to cook.
These potatoes are a great side dish to Mary-Ann’s roast pork dish
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 450-900g potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 170ml milk
- 170ml stock (beef or chicken)
- Salt and pepper
- Butter a deep baking dish or roasting tin. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Layer the potatoes, sprinkling each layer with onions and salt and pepper.
- Mix the stock and milk and pour over the potatoes.
- Dot generously with butter.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook at for about 45 minutes or until tender.