This year’s Agritechnica show – the biggest indoor farm machinery event in the world – takes place in Hanover, Germany, from 8-14 Nov. If you want to see what’s new in the world of agricultural machinery, it’s the place to be.
What is it?
- Agritechnica involves 2000 exhibitors showing off their machines in 18 halls (plus an outdoor area) that cover 32ha (80 acres) in all.
- All machinery types are on show and there’s a special hall devoted solely to bioenergy.
- There’s a good product guide where you can type in, say, fertiliser spreaders and see what companies making them will be there.
When is it?
- The main show days are from 10-14 November.
- There are also two higher-priced preview days mainly for the trade, press and ‘key customers’ on 8 and 9 November but anyone can go if they don’t mind paying a premium price. See below for admission prices.
- Opening hours are 9am to 6pm
Where is it?
- Messegelände, 30521 Hanover, Germany
How do I get there?
- Direct flights leave from Stansted, Manchester, Birmingham and London.
- If you don’t have time to organise things yourself contact Agricultural Travel Bureau on 01636 705 612.
- Driving? According to the AA website, it’ll take you 6.5 hours to drive from Calais to Hanover (a distance of about 400 miles). There’s info on putting Agritechnica’s location into your satnav in the Q&A section.
I need a hotel
- Ring the Agricultural Travel Bureau on 01636 705 612. Or you can do it yourself via the Agritechnica official website
What does it cost?
- A typical hotel costs in the upwards of €100 a night (depending on how far away from the showground it is).
- There’s a discounted flight offer on the Agritechnica website, but flights cost in the region of €150 return.
- Admission to the show costs €21/day from 10-14 November.
- Students and pensioners get in for €10/day.
- Children under 8 get in free.
- A two-day pass costs €32.
- Cost of a Preview Day Plus ticket that gives entry on the two preview days (8 and 9 November) plus 10 November costs €75.
Want more info?
The official Agritechnica website is really good, so try there.