If you’re looking to improve your grain storage, buy a new dryer or sort out your handling system, it could be worth visiting the UK Grain event.
Held at the East of England Showground on 6 November you’ll be able to see products from all the main grain storage, cleaning and drying firms.
There will be a full programme of seminars and grain clinics for advice, too.
- Date: 6 November 2013 9am-4pm
- Venue: East of England Showground, Peterborough PE2 6XE
- Tickets: £15 on the gate or £10 in advance by calling 0845 4900 142 or visiting www.farm-smart.co.uk/ukgrain
- Jack Watts, AHDB analyst – Grain market update
- Dr Ellie Marshall, HGCA research and knowledge transfer manager – Review of harvest quality in 2013
- Martin Savage, Nabim trade policy manager – Grain supply chain
- David Cross, Rentokil technical training manager – Effective pest control of post harvest products, including the current treatment methods covered by UK legislation
- James Price, Perdiswell Farm, Oxfordshire – Grain storage, a farmers view. James is a former Farmers Weekly Awards Young Farmer of the Year as well as being a winner of the Nabim Milling Wheat Challenge in 2011.
- Farmer case study – to be confirmed nearer the date.
Visitors attending the seminars will be eligible for two NRoSO and six BASIS points.