10 August 1999
‘A nation with hunting in its blood’
BRITAIN is at heart a rural nation with hunting in its blood, asserts a guest contributor to The Times.
David Hart, a former adviser to the secretary of state for defence, manages to link hunting to the countrys military capability, the nations literature and what he terms “English spirituality”.
He also appears to promise “discontent” leading to riots if anti-hunting legislation is passed.
The letters column of The Independent continues the debate on hunting.
- English to defy Scottish hunt ban, FWi, 06 August, 1999
- Dont riot, says Countryside Alliance, FWi, today (06 August, 1999)
- Union fears civil unrest in shires, FWi, 23 July, 1999
- Well be back, warns Countryside Alliance, FWi, 21 July, 1999
- The Times 10/08/99 page 16
- The Independent 10/08/99 page 2 (Letters to the Editor)