30 November 1999
Bishop attacks sheep-dip report
A “SIGNIFICANT proportion” of the farming community along the Welsh Marches is suffering ill-health as a result of exposure to organophosphate (OP) sheep dip, claims the Bishop of Ludlow, in a letter to The Times.
He makes the claim in response to a previous report in the paper by the committee of toxicity that repeated exposure to OPs leads to ill-health.
- Government rejects OP poison claims, FWi, yesterday (29 November, 1999)
- Ban sheep dip now, urge MPs, FWi, 27 July, 1999
- Study confirms sheep-dip fears, FWi, 01 July, 1999
- “Hundreds” could sue for sheep dip effects, FWi, 05 February, 1998
- Sheep-dippers snubbed over health, FWi, 19 September, 1997
- Minister pressed to end OP “misery”, FWi, 05 August, 1997
- The Times 30/11/99 page 25 (Letters to the Editor)