13 August 1999
‘Britain must play welfare card in Europe’
BRITAIN must stick up for itself at the European table and loudly proclaim its commitment to the highest welfare standards for its beef cattle, argues a guest contributor to The Guardian.
The contributor reponds to the German refusal to accept the lifting of the European Union ban on British beef.
He says, “we should be a little less polite, to stand by our principles and not allow Britain to be at the back of a queue, a forgotten province in the new united states of Germany”.
- Germany admits beef ban must go, FWi, 10 August, 1999
- Dont buy British when ban is over – Funke, FWi, 09 August, 1999
- Germany isolated over beef exports, FWi, 06 August, 1999
- Germany threatened over beef ban, FWi, 05 August, 1999
- Bans for your own good, say Germans, FWi, 04 August, 1999
- The Guardian 13/08/99 page 15