- £1=DM2.981 / FFr10.00/ $1.658
- French FOB spot wheat value: FFr 777.50 (£ 77.76)
- Chicago September wheat at close: $2.43 (£ 53.78)
- 225,000t of wheat at Ecu35.48/t
- 7,000t of barley at Ecu53.75/t.
THE UK market traded lower once again as Sterling became the “safe haven” and rose sharply for the third consecutive day . Most consumers are 70+% covered for September. One shipper late yesterday switched origin on spot shipment wheat from UK to Denmark as the Danes now have cheaper supplies and are willing to sell.
Prices at Thursdays
wheat futures close:
values, £/tonne, ex-farm:
September Class 1 milling wheat 83-84
September Class 2 milling wheat 73
September Soissons 75-78
September feed wheat 65-66
September feed barley 64-66