- £1=DM2.829 / FFr9.483 / $1.68
- FOB Rouen spot wheat value: FFr 735.00 (£ 77.14)
- Chicago December wheat at close: $2.74 (£ 59.85)
YESTERDAY was another quiet day, with modest consumer interest in October/November at the same levels as paid for September.
The US market was slightly firmer as Taiwan bought 204,000t of wheat, and Pakistan and Jordan are also rumoured to be in the market .
- Intervention barley will be accepted at maximum 15% moisture for this season .
- Tunisia will tender today for 150,000t of optional-origin wheat – probably French .
Prices at Tuesdays
wheat futures close:
MONTH Close Change SEP 71.25 0.00 NOV 72.35 + 0.10 JAN 74.20 0.00 MAR 76.00 -0.20 MAY 78.00 + 0.10
- Approximate commodity
values, £/tonne, ex-farm:
Commodity Price October Class 1 milling wheat 88-90 October Class 2 milling wheat 78-80 October Soissons 82-84 October feed wheat 68-70 October feed barley 67-70 Harvest 1999 feed wheat 73
- Information provided by BDR Agriculture Ltd, Harvest House, 64 North Street, Bourne, Lincolnshire PE10 9AJ – click here for further details