Farm visitor who caught E.coli is brain-damaged


21 July 1997


Farm visitor who caught E.coli is brain-damaged


A four-year-old boy who caught E.coli on a farm visit has been
permanently brain-damaged. About 112,000 children a year visit Bowmans Farm at Colney Heath, Hertfordshire.


They had been warned to wash their hands after touching
the animals and before eating.


Two children became ill last month before the boys visit.




  • The Times 21/07/97 page 5

  • Upcoming webinar

    What does the future of farming look like post Covid-19 and Brexit?

    Register now
    See more