22 December 1999
GM ban at Monsanto canteen
MONSANTOS staff canteen at its UK headquarters in High Wycombe refuses to serve genetically modified (GM) food.
Granada, the catering contractors to the worlds leading supplier of GM crops, say they are responding to “customer concern”.
Monsanto is spearheading GM crop trials in the UK.
This week the US company announced it is to merge with pharmaceutical company Pharmacia & Upjohn.
Under the deal 20% of Monsantos agricultural unit, which has attracted controversy over its GM products, will be spun off.
- Merger deal is bad for Monsanto, FWi, yesterday (21 December, 1999)
- Monsanto to sell GM business, FWi, 20 December, 1999
- The Times 22/12/99 page 8 (News in Brief)
- The Independent 22/12/99 page 7
- Financial Times 22/12/99 page 2
- The Guardian 22/12/99 page 8
- The Daily Telegraph 22/12/99 page 1
- The Scotsman 22/12/99 page 7