08 December 1998
Hillsdown sells Ross for £100m
HILLSDOWN Holdings has sold its Ross Chickens chicken division for £100 million yesterday (Monday) – but called an immediate halt to any further sales of its poultry operations.
Hillsdown had hoped to sell all its poultry businesses in one fell swoop, but will now keep hold of the smaller division which supplies supermarkets.
Michael Teacher, Hillsdowns chief executive, said all poultry farms had hit hard times and its remaining division is not expected to make a profit this year.
Ross Breeders runs 147 chicken farms worldwide.
- Hillsdown near a deal on poultry, FWi, 03 November, 1998
- Hillsdown spells out three-way split, FWi, 09 September, 1998
- The Times 08/12/98 page 32
- The Independent 08/12/98 page 18
- Financial Times 08/12/98 page 23
- The Guardian 08/12/98 page 21 (News in Brief)
- The Daily Telegraph 08/12/98 page 26