Following the confirmation of a further case of foot and mouth on Thursday and in light of vet advice the Dairy Event due to be held at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire on Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th September 2007 has been cancelled.
RABDF chairman Lyndon Edwards said it was with great regret that he had to announce the cancellation of the event which was due to take place at Stoneleigh Park Coventry on Wednesday 19 and Thursday 20 September.
“The Council Members of RABDF, organisers of the event, have taken specialist veterinary and professional advice and concluded that following the resurgence of the Foot and Mouth outbreak, it would be seriously unwise and irresponsible to hold a meeting of 10,000 farmers in one place, particularly as they will have travelled from all parts of the UK.
“We are still unsure that the virus has not spread outside the Surrey surveillance zone and a decision had to be made today as contractors and stand holders were planning to build the event over the weekend.”
FWi will endeavour to bring the latest news from exhibitors who planned to attend the event, check out FWi later this week for more news.
Dairy Event stories
Dairy event: Key facts
- Includes one of the UK’s largest multi-breed shows of cattle
- Seven dairy breeds are competing for supreme champion award
- A fantastic selection of static and live demonstrations feature; even more than last year
- A full range of trade stands with everything for the modern dairy and livestock farmer
- A great opportunity to get out for the day and mix with colleagues and friends in the industry
See last year’s report on the 2006 event. More will follow for this year’s event, as we get it…
Useful links relating to the Dairy Event