AHDB is recruiting 15 new board members across its six sectors – at least nine of which will be farmers or growers.
The new board members will play an influential role in prioritising which challenges the respective AHDB sector addresses and how strategies are developed to tackle them.
Successful applicants will also have a say about the amount of money levy payers contribute to the AHDB each year.
Interested producers need to be playing an active role in their sector, according to the AHDB, and must command the respect of peers.
Where are board positions available?
- AHDB Beef & Lamb: One producer and one processor.
- AHDB Pork: One producer, one processor and one independent member.
- AHDB Potatoes: Two or three board members with a focus on marketing and consumer issues and on seed and export.
- AHDB Dairy: Three dairy farmers.
- AHDB Cereals & Oilseeds: Two growers
- AHDB Horticulture: One specialist in hardy nursery stock and one protected ornamentals/bulbs and outdoor flowers expert.
“[New board members] will address the exciting prospect of helping to shape the future of UK agriculture in the face of Brexit, food security challenges, scientific advances and evolving markets,” added the levy board.
The closing date for applications is 23 November 2018 at 9am and interested parties should email AHDB HR recruitment co-ordinator Alice Hyde at firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack.