The Environmental Land Management (ELM) scheme will replace basic payments to farmers in England. The scheme will provide payments for farming that improves the environment and mitigates climate change, such as hedge planting and river management.
Table of contents:
- Natural capital: What it is and how to value it on your farm
- Environmental Land Management scheme – what we know so far
- What the new Agriculture Bill contains for farmers
- ELM Q&A: Farmers question Defra on the detail of the scheme
- Exit payments: What should farmers do to prepare for 2022?
- Countryside Stewardship 2021: What farmers need to know
- How Defra’s trials for developing ELM schemes are working
- Environmental Land Management scheme: The detail unpicked