The Tillage-Live cultivation demonstration day takes place on 4 September at Deenethorpe Airfield, near Corby, Northamptonshire.
It offers visitors the chance to see the latest soil-working equipment in action and there’s also a special demo area to try out a selection of self-propelled sprayers.
Most of the big names will be exhibiting, including Amazone, Horsch, Kuhn, Kverneland and Lemken,
As well as the demonstration areas and trial plots, there will also be a Knowledge Trail that offers visitors the chance to earn NRoSO and Basis points on completion of all of the stations.
The stations at this year’s event include:
- Tyres and soils Trelleborg will be explaining the importance of choosing the right tyre and setting the correct pressure to protect soils and maximise yield.
- Resilient Soils Focusing on improving the management of resistant grass weeds, reducing soil movement, using roots to improve structure, and applying systems that benefit soil biology.
- Professional crop application Looking at pioneering developments in spraying technology that will deliver major advances in precision application and the targeting of treatments.
- Water resources and groundwater protection The Environment Agency will be providing advice and guidance on abstraction licence changes for previously exempt activities.
Tillage-Live: Where and when
- Date 4 September
- Time 8am-3pm
- Location Deenethorpe Airfield, Northamptonshire NN17 3AN
- Cost £7.50/car in advance, £10/car on the day
- More information tillage-live.uk.com