Farmers considering taking part in Open Farm Sunday (OFS) will be able to get help and advice in a series of new webinars.
OFS organiser Linking Environment and Farming (Leaf) is running the free 20-minute webinars to offer ideas, information and tips for those inviting the public on to their farms.
The first – which will focus on organisational and planning tips – takes place on Wednesday 11 January 2017 at 1pm.
See also: Photos from OFS 2016
The second, on Tuesday 31 January, will be aimed at those considering getting involved in the event for the first time.
The series is designed for new and experienced OFS hosts farmers and will cover such topics as health and safety and publicity.
The webinars are broadcast live, allowing farmers to log in and follow the presentations, ask questions and have them answered in real time.
Presenters from Leaf, the team of OFS regional co-ordinators and experienced host farmers will contribute their knowledge and experience.
Shortly afterward the sessions, the webinars will be made available via the OFS website to view on demand.
Annabel Shackleton, Leaf’s Open Farm Sunday manager said: “These webinars offer a great platform to share expertise and provide an easy and interactive way for farmers to engage with the OFS team directly, plus get a head start on their planning to ensure maximum success for OFS 2017.”
More information about the webinars can be found on the Open Farm Sunday website
- Wednesday 11 January Organisation and planning – top tips
- Tuesday 31 January First-time hosts – information and support
- Friday 10 February Publicity – the communications toolkit
- Tuesday 28 February Focus on Scotland
- Friday 10 March Making it memorable – activity ideas and resources
- Thursday 23 March Focus on Wales
- Tuesday 4 April Health and safety essentials
- Thursday 11 May Getting your messages across
- Thursday 1 June Media update and last-minute Q&A
All webinars start at 1pm