Photos: Farmers rescue stranded festival goers from flooded car park

Tractors were an essential tool in helping to pull vehicles out of a mudbath after flooding left Festival No.6 attendees stranded in the park and ride car park.

Heavy rain at the Gwynedd music festival led to flooding of the car park and hundreds of cars getting stuck.

On Monday afternoon, event organisers published on their website that 90% of vehicles had now exited the park and ride site and that they were “working with 18 tractors to ensure that the remaining 10% are exited as swiftly as possible while taking care to safeguard people’s wellbeing and property”.

See also: Floodwaters threaten to swamp farm businesses again

Gwynedd councillor Selwyn Griffiths praised the local response, telling the BBC: “The community really rallied round.

“I can’t praise the local farmers enough for turning up with their tractors and working for 12 hours or more to get cars out of the mud.”

Photos on social media show the scale of the issue and the response:

See more