The following are the terms and conditions for the Farmers Weekly‘s Britain’s Fittest Farmer competition launched on 5 March 2021.
- The prize is £1,000 prize each for one male and one female winner. The winners must be a farmer or working within the agriculture industry. The prize is for the winners’ own use.
- All entries must contain a valid name, address, telephone number and email address.
- The Competition closing date is to be announced in due course.
- This Competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of MA Agriculture Ltd, any company in the Mark Allen Group of companies. Applicants must be actively working in UK agriculture.
- This Competition is open to applicants of all abilities and disabilities. You must notify Farmers Weekly of any pre-existing health conditions, injuries or physical disabilities immediately after applying, by emailing FWemail@example.com.
- Entries must only be submitted online at fwi.co.uk/BFF.
- Farmers Weekly shall not be held responsible for technical errors in telecommunication networks, Internet access or otherwise, preventing entry to the Competition.
- All correct entries will be reviewed and eligible applicants will be invited to attend a qualifier event in 2021 – dates and locations to be confirmed at a later date. A shortlist of 10 men and 10 women will be complied following the third and final qualifier event. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by either email or phone and be required to attend a final event also to be held later in 2021, confirmed at a later date.
- Non-attendance to any of the regional qualifier events will forfeit an applicant’s progression to further rounds of the Competition. Non-attendance to the final will forfeit any shortlisted applicants.
- Farmers Weekly will not accept responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible or undelivered.
- Details, images and video of the winners will be published in Farmers Weekly magazine, on fwi.co.uk and social media. Details, image and video of any contestant may be published in Farmers Weekly magazine, on fwi.co.uk and on social media during or after the Competition.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into concerning this competition.
- In entering this competition you may be contacted in the future by Farmers Weekly, however you can opt out from receiving further correspondence by email.
- By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes consent to use the winners’ name and photos for editorial or publicity purposes.
Promoter: Farmers Weekly, MA Agriculture Ltd, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS. Registered in England, No 15137.