21 July 1999
Blair joins the chase for Eddisbury
TONY Blair joins the fight to snatch Eddisbury from the Conservatives when he visits the constituency today (Wednesday).
The prime ministers intervention comes at a time when the issue between the two parties is finely balanced with the debate over hunting one of the key issues.
William Hague, the Conservative leader, said Labour had made hunting an issue because it wanted to “distract voters from its own failings”.
- By-election focuses on hunting, FWi, yesterday (20 July, 1999)
- Hunt ban plan pays off for Labour, FWi, 16 July, 1999
- The Times 21/07/99 page 2
- Financial Times 21/07/99 page 1
- The Guardian 21/07/99 page 11, page 17
- The Daily Telegraph 21/07/99 page 15, page 29 (Editorial)
- The Herald 21/07/99 page 6