18 March 1999
Boycott of US banana brands?
CARIBBEAN community groups in the UK have threatened to intervene in the banana trade war between the USA and the European Union over imported bananas
The groups want to organise a British boycott of Latin American bananas.
Washington and Brussels are waiting for a World Trade Organisation (WTO) ruling on whether the European Union has sufficiently changed its banana regime to comply with WTO rules.
- Banana peace in the offing, FWi, 11 March, 1999
- Ceasefire ahead in banana war, FWi, 10 March, 1999
- WTO urges banana peace, FWi, 09 March, 1999
- WTO to hear EU banana protest, FWi, 08 March, 1999
- USA starts banana-war sanctions, FWi, 04 March, 1999<
- WTO to examine banana battle, FWi, 01 March, 1999
- EU seeks ruling on US sanctions law, FWi, 08
- The Guardian 18/03/99 page 22