26 July 1999
CAP reform on course, says Labour
THE government claims it is “on course” to carry out its manifesto pledges to reform the European Unions Common Agricultural Policy.
The claim is made in Labours 88-page second annual report in which Prime Minister Tony Blair claims to have delivered 90 of his 177 pre-election promises.
Some 85 further manifesto commitments are “on course”, while 2 have yet to be timetabled.
- Farm leaders slam diluted CAP reform, FWi, 30 March, 1999
- CAP cost to rise before falling – Blair, FWi, 30 March, 1999
- The Times 26/07/99 page 8
- Financial Times 26/07/99 page 6
- The Guardian 26/07/99 page 6
- The Daily Telegraph 26/07/99 page 4