Thieves have raided a farm in Monmouthshire and stolen a large quantity of fuel.
Gwent Police said about 30,000 litres of oil fuel was taken from a Molasses tank, as well as three pressure washer lances.
The theft happened at a farm located on Cefn Mawr Lane, in the Monkswood area, between 5.30pm on Thursday 19 November and 6.45am on Friday 20 November.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Gwent Police on 101 or email email@example.com, quoting log reference 68 20/11/20 or niche 2000422315.
Gwent Police has issued the following advice to farmers and landowners to protect oil tankers from theft:
- Plant shrubs or install fences to conceal your tank from view.
- Check your tank’s oil levels on a regular basis.
- Ensure your tank is securely locked.
- Be extra vigilant of tankers or large vehicles close to your property.
- Where possible, install security lighting that covers your tank.
- Consider moving your tank to an area or building where it can be better protected.
- Talk to your supplier about buying devices to protect your tank. These include anti-tamper alarms, cap-locking devices and oil level monitors.