- £1=DM2.841 / FFr9.526 / $1.696
- FOB Rouen spot wheat value: FFr 740.00 (£ 77.68)
- Chicago December wheat at close: $2.78 (£ 60.15)
UK futures climbed 50p/£1 yesterday morning, but soon fell in the afternoon session as Sterling strengthened. Good interest from shippers for October-November wheat will, unless Sterling rises further, hold prices steady in the short term.
- 251,000t of free-market soft wheat at Ecu32.49/t.
- The Commission also sold 124,000t of UK intervention barley to be shipped to third-country destinations at a minimum price of Ecy48.17 (£32.62) and increased the allocation for sale by 200,000t.
Prices at Thursdays
values, £/tonne, ex-farm: