29 January 1999
European firms fear banana-war fallout
EUROPEAN companies are braced for US sanctions as Washington prepares to fire the latest salvo in the trade battle over bananas.
The Financial Times reports on the reactions of European companies to the US which has made European exports of pig meat one of its targets.
- Italy urges EU retreat on bananas, FWi, 27 January, 1999
- Caribbean blocks US banana sanctions, FWi, yesterday (26 January, 1999)
- Compromise in banana battle?, FWi, yesterday (25 January, 1999)
- EU raises stakes in banana war, FWi, 22 January, 1999
- USA seeks sanctions in banana war, FWi, 15 January, 1999
- Financial Times 29/01/99 page 5