15 June 1999
Food crisis costs Belgian PM his job
THE Belgian Prime Minister has resigned over the dioxin-in-food scandal.
Jean-Luc Dehaene said his government was unfairly penalised over the affair, which saw chickens, eggs, pork and beef swept from supermarket shelves.
His government suffered a crushing defeat in Sundays general election.
- Producers told to check for dioxins, FWi, 11 June, 1999
- Angry Belgian farmers blockade roads, FWi, 11 June, 1999
- Belgium criticised over food scare, FWi, 10 June, 1999
- The Independent 15/06/99 page 15
- Financial Times 15/06/99 page 2
- The Guardian 15/06/99 page 15
- The Daily Telegraph 15/06/99 page 17
- The Herald 15/06/99 page 13