23 December 1998
France wants ‘response’ to US trade threat
FRANCE has called for a response to US threats to impose crippling duties on a wide range of European Union goods.
The USA made the threat in the latest round of its trade dispute with Europe over the EUs preferential regime for the import of bananas from the Caribbean and Africa.
- US threat to ban British pork, FWi, yesterday (22 December, 1998)
- Trouble flares again over bananas, FWi, 21 December, 1998
- Banana battle reaches WTO, FWi, 18 December, 1998
- EU in new banana initiative, FWi, 15 December, 1998
- The Independent 23/12/98 page 9
- Financial Times 23/12/98 page 2 éNews Digest)