30 July 1999
GM protestors attack another trial
ENVIRONMENTAL activists have destroyed another genetically modified (GM) crop trial, this time at the Institute of Arable Crop Research, at Fakenham.
The attack on a field of GM sugar beet is the second in Norfolk this week and has increased pressure on the government to allow trials to take place in secret.
The GM issue resurfaces in the letters column of The Daily Telegraph, after its recent preoccupation with fox-hunting.
- Activists target remaining GM sites, FWi, 26 July, 1999
- 30 held at GM protest, FWi, 26 July, 1999
- Financial Times 30/07/99 page 2 (News Bulletin)
- The Daily Telegraph 30/07/99 page 2 (News Bulletin), page 25 (Letters)
- The Herald 30/07/99 page 2 (In Brief)