Help towards training costs

04 August 1999

Help towards training costs

  • I AM a 43-year-old family man with a mortgage =, working with sheep and arable on a self-employed basis. Can I receive any help towards the costs of obtaining Cetificates of Competence such as Spraying Parts 1 and 2?

    I SUGGEST that you contact your local Training and Enterprise Council and
    ask for details of available funding for vocational training. If you e-mail
    your address details we will be able to advise where you local TEC is based.

    It would also be worth contacting NPTC (National Proficiency Test Centre) to
    see if they are aware of any special arrangements for funding Certificates
    of Competence.

    NPTCs telephone number is 01203 696553 and they are based
    in Warwickshire.

    In some cases, there is tax relief available for vocational training; for
    details contact your local tax office.
    Lantra has in the past also produced a funding guide.

    It is in the process
    of being updated, but if you would like further details please provide your
    full address.

    Sally Beel, Information Services, Lantra

  • See more