• POTATO leaf sap tests, pinpointing changes induced by aphids, could be used to help avoid unnecessary insecticide sprays, work by ADAS and York University suggests.
• CONSUMERS of food are more concerned about price and convenience than in how it is produced or any environmental considerations, according to Food Standard Agency surveys.
• LEACHING resistant, phased release nutrients and important secondary elements like calcium, magnesium and sulphur are key features of Carrs Fertilisers latest environmentally protective New Choice range.
• EUROPES premier spraying event, Sprays & Sprayers 2002, featuring the latest innovations in equipment and application technology, will be on June 25 & 26, 2002, at Whittlesford, Cambs.
• MORLEY Research Centres 1600 members have given the thumbs up for its potential merger with NIAB. At their annual meeting, they voted to support detailed negotiations which could lead to a formal agreement next spring. *