16 June 1999
Sims agrees cash bid from Global
SIMS Food Group has ditched Jourdan, its unwelcome suitor, in favour of a deal with Global Group, the quoted foods group that owns the Canterbury Foods meat group.
Globals offer values Sims at £22.4 million. Sims is a supplier of beefburgers to Burger King.
- Offer values Sims shares at 55p, FWi, 14 May, 1999
- Sims chief shuts down head office, FWi, 08 January, 1999
- The Times 16/06/99 page 31 (Business Roundup)
- Financial Times 16/06/99 page 32
- The Daily Telegraph 16/06/99 page 33