06 August 1998
Snowdon farm sold to the National Trust
THE National Trust has agreed to pay more than £3 million for one-third of Mount Snowdon in Wales.
It has secured the 3,557ft (12078m) summit and 4,000 acres (1,618ha) in a deal with farmer Richard Williams, whose family has farmed the land for 14 generations.
Mr Williams put the estate on the market last month. It consists of two large sheep farms, the Hafod-y-Llan and Gelli Iago estates. The sale was handled by agents Carter Jonas.
- National Trust to buy Snowdon, FWi, yesterday (5 August)
- The Times 06/08/98 page 4
- The Independent 06/08/98 page 9
- Financial Times 06/08/98 page 12
- The Guardian 06/08/98 page 6
- The Daily Telegraph 06/08/98 page 5