- 2.7kg (6lbs) prepared pumpkin
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 level tablespoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons mustard powder
- 570ml (1 pint) cider vinegar
- 700g (1 ½ lbs) sugar
- A little oil
Cut the peeled pumpkin into roughly 2.5cm cubes.
Take a large saucepan, chop the onions and fry in a little oil until soft then add the remaining ingredients.
Stir and gently bring to the boil and simmer until it reaches a jam consistency, be patient, it may take at least 30 minutes.
Watch it doesn’t brown by giving it a good stir from time to time, then pack into sterilised containers and seal.
Store in the fridge.