TICKET SAVINGS FOR READERS…
WITH about 200,000 visitors each year, the Royal Show is firmly established as Europes premier exhibition of farming, food and the countryside. This years show will be held on July 6-9 at Stoneleigh in Warwickshire.
• NIAB and PBI present the latest technical messages including a new feature based on internationally competitive British cereals.
• IACR-Long Ashton and NIAB cover new approaches and technologies for disease control in wheat.
• Protein crops and pulses for premium markets and organic production, supported by the Soil Association.
About 7000 animals will be on display at the show from rare breeds to the countrys top pedigree stock. Unrivalled as a stage for quality livestock genetics, the Royal Show continues to highlight the issues affecting farmers with new developments in the Commercial Livestock Area giving another positive boost.
Marks & Spencer joins Merial as joint sponsors of the RASE Livestock Production and Management Centre. It will include competitive classes and the latest beef and dairy technical messages from suckler herd replacement and selecting finished cattle for market to reducing dairy wastage caused by lameness, mastitis and infertility.
Farming & countryside
How good, healthy, safe food can be grown in a commercial and sustainable way is the fascinating theme being presented by Hydro Agri and Lloyds TSB Group in the Farming and the Countryside Area.
Different crop types, their uses and environmental effects, the importance of good farm practice for traceability, the role of fertilisers and the balance between profitable food production and the environment are just some of the other topics.
A small selection of the many other sights and sensations:
• Country sports and pursuits.
• The best of British food and international cuisine.
• Forty acres of the top names in farming machinery.
• RASE Irrigation and Water Resources Centre.
• New classes, such as Beltex Sheep. Cashmere and extended goat carcasses and mixed pairs of coloured pigs.
• Focus on Forage Area, sponsored by Case IH.
• International horse riders and many equine features.
• Country skills including hedgelaying, thatching and drystone walling.
• Over 200 rural craft shops.
• Country Living Magazine Marquee.
fw readers can save up to 33% on tickets by purchasing tickets in advance through the Royal Show hotline on (0121-7674099) quoting ref FW1 before June 26, 1998. Advance ticket prices are £8 Adults and £4 Senior Citizens and Children aged 5-15. The hotline is open 9am-8pm Monday to Friday and 10am-5pm Saturday and Sunday. (Tickets subject to a 25p booking fee.)
The Royal Show…special ticket offers are available for FWreaders.